We may earn a commission from the companies mentioned in this post.
Smart fitness mirrors have recently hit the scene and they’re selling significant volumes. These mirrors are being equipped with more and more features that make them compelling additions to anyone’s home gym. Previously, you needed to dedicate entire rooms to home workout equipment. Nowadays, that’s not the case. With smart fitness mirrors entering the scene, you can get yourself a complete home gym that only takes up wall space.
There is a lot more to like about these smart mirrors as they offer interactive experiences, real-time feedback, live training sessions, and more. If you’re one of the many who is looking to ramp up your fitness and you are thinking about investing in a smart exercise mirror, you’ll want to continue reading.
Below, you’ll get a detailed comparison of two of the standout fitness mirrors available in the marketplace by Echelon and ProForm. By the end of this, you should have a good idea of which fitness mirror is right for you.
Features Compare: What the Echelon Reflect and ProForm Offer
1. Echelon Reflect Notable Features and Benefits
- Up To 32-Inch Touchscreen Display (on 50-Inch Model)
With the 50-Inch Reflect, you get a gorgeous and stunning 32-inch high-definition touchscreen display at 1080p resolution. This display is breathtaking in its quality and clarity. The entire experience screams premium. Having such a large and crystal clear display makes you feel incredibly immersed in the experience. It can make you feel as if you are participating in real studio workouts right in your bedroom or whenever you’ve situated the mirror.
- Sleek Design
The beauty of smart fitness mirrors is the lack of footprint they have. This particular model acts as wall decor coming with the included wall mounting brackets. When hung on the wall, you won’t have to worry about having something bulky sticking out. The unit comes with a specially made bracket that makes it completely flush with the wall.
This mirror can fit anywhere. It doesn’t matter if you are looking to hang it in your bedroom or living room. You’ll find that it can be added to any part of your living environment and not look out of place. You’ll find it to be a decor talking piece with guests as they come over. Echelon made the mirror to “masquerade as modern home decor .”
- Comes in Two Sizes
With the Echelon Reflect, you have the choice between two different sizes. This is a benefit for those who might want to opt for the smaller and cheaper of the two. The smaller model comes with the same 1080p resolution but lacks the touchscreen display that’s included in the larger model. The smaller model has a much smaller footprint as to be expected.
- Built-In Camera
You’ll have the chance to connect with your chosen personal trainers for all of your live sessions. This can make personal training much more accessible and convenient than ever before. No longer do you have to travel back and forth from the gym just to get professional training.
2. ProForm Vue Notable Features and Benefits
- Built-In 22-Inch High Definition Touchscreen
The ProForm Vue comes in a single model. The model features a built-in 22-inch high-definition touchscreen. The touchscreen features a 1080p resolution which makes for a quality viewing experience.
- Includes Easily Storable and Accessible Accessories
With the ProForm Vue, you get a range of useful accessories that can be stored on the back of the mirror. The back of the mirror features rear side accessory storage which is useful for those who don’t want to worry about cluttering up their floors. The beauty of the design is how the mirror pivots. You can pivot the mirror to easily access your equipment neatly tucked onto the back of the mirror. The accessories included are (1) 10-pound barbell, (2) 5-pound dumbbell bars, and (4) 2.5-pound weight plates.
- Base Installation
This reflective smart mirror is meant to be installed on the included solid base. This base allows the mirror to pivot both left and right for easy use.
Workout Compare: Is iFit or Echelon Better?
1. Reflect Workout Overview
- Large Variety of Workout Options
With the Echelon Reflect and an Echelon membership, you’ll get access to endless training possibilities. You can choose from strength training, yoga, core, cardio, Pilates, and even boxing workouts. You’ll find there is plenty of different options when it comes to classes to choose from.
- Live and On-Demand
This is one area where Echelon’s membership stands far above iFit. With an Echelon membership, you’ll get access to live classes from world-class instructors. You’ll be able to participate in live and on-demand studio workouts from the comfort of your home. Best of all, with the built-in camera, you’ll be able to train with your trainer just as you would if you were standing right there in front of them. After all, you will be.
RELATED READING: Echelon Reflect Reviews
- Tap in to Your Competitive Nature
Echelon does a good job of ‘gamifying’ the experience with their online leaderboard. It can push you towards breaking through fitness plateaus and always having you striving to be better every day. If you have more than one user in the family, you can compete directly with them. This can have you accomplishing your goals much sooner as you will be highly motivated to win.
2. Vue iFit Workout Overview
- Different On-Demand Studio Sessions
With the Vue and an iFit membership, you’ll be able to take part in on-demand studio sessions. You’ll be able to choose from strength training to High-Intensity-Interval-Training or even yoga. Each of the on-demand classes you’ll take part in will be led by a qualified personal trainer.
- Reflective Training Sessions
One of the benefits of having a reflective surface to workout with is the ability to see your form. You’ll have iFit trainers showing you the proper form you should be integrating into your training routine. This will make it much easier for you to not only see the form for yourself while you’re completing an exercise, but it will help you match it.
- Connected Fitness Tracking
With an iFit membership, you’re going to be able to check your progress as you continue to work out with the Vue. Each of your workout sessions is automatically recorded and they are used to come up with future exercises that you should be incorporating into your routine.
Price Compare: Which Fitness Mirror is Cheaper?
1. Echelon Pricing Options
- Reflect 40″ = $1,039.98
- Reflect 50″ = $1,639.98
- Echelon Membership = $39.99 per month
- *Prices current at the time of publication – see most up-to-date prices at Echelon website.
2. ProForm Vue = $1,499.00
iFit Membership = $0 (1-year included, $39/month after)
You Should Buy an Echelon Reflect If…
- You are someone who is already invested in the Echelon ecosystem. You’ll want to invest in the Reflect from Echelon because you can continue to use the same Echelon membership that you are likely already paying for.
- You want the smart exercise mirror that features the best design. There is no better option if you are planning on hanging the smart mirror on your wall.
- You don’t mind spending the extra money on the 50-inch Reflect. The 50-inch Reflect comes with an eye-popping 32-inch high-definition display that is the most immersive you’ll find in the marketplace. While the 22-inch offered by ProForm isn’t anything to sneeze at, it’s not going to give you the same experience.
- You want access to both live and on-demand classes. Those who are interested in participating in live classes by real instructors are going to want to invest in the Echelon ecosystem. With iFit, you don’t get live classes with the Vue.
- You plan on doing one-on-one personal training sessions. You’ll want to use the Echelon over the Vue because it comes with a good quality camera. The Vue lacks a camera which can hinder your training sessions.
You Should Buy a ProForm Vue If…
- You want to spend less. The ProForm Vue is going to be more feature-rich than the smaller Echelon, but less than the more expensive 50-inch Echelon Reflect. This is a good middle ground for those who don’t want to sacrifice the experience an interactive touchscreen brings to the table, but might not want to spend too much.
- You are already signed up for and using iFit. If you are already invested in the iFit ecosystem, you might want to sway your purchasing decision towards the ProForm Vue. After all, it comes with a year of iFit subscription when you buy it at MSRP. Therefore, you are getting an additional $468 of value along with your purchase. Also, you can use the iFit subscription with your other iFit enabled equipment.
- You don’t want or plan on mounting the mirror. If you are looking to add the mirror to your apartment or home that you are renting and you don’t have the option to mount, the ProForm Vue’s dedicated sturdy stand system is likely very appealing to you. Therefore, you might want to opt for the Vue because it’ll be easy to set up and you won’t have to worry about mounting the mirror anywhere.
- You don’t mind only having access to on-demand classes. Not everyone has the workout schedule that would accommodate live classes anyways. There is no point in paying for this feature if you aren’t going to be using it.