Stationary or exercise bikes have become popular with people who are too busy to find time to perform outdoor workouts.
Stationary bike workouts are some of the most effective to lose weight quickly.
It’s a great piece of equipment that helps build your cardiovascular health while burning more calories and reducing the impact on your joints.
Many people prefer to invest in an exercise bike when designing their home gym. With a host of stationary bike brands on the market today, choosing the best stationary bike isn’t easy.
That’s where Schwinn comes into action. Schwinn has released two high-quality stationary bikes known as IC3 and IC4. In fact, Schwinn has engineered some of the finest exercise equipment available on the market today including the IC3 and IC4 stationary bikes.
The IC3 and IC4 are two of the most popular and affordable stationary bikes on the market today. This article provides a comprehensive comparison between the Schwinn IC3 and IC4 stationary bikes.
Price Comparison: Is the IC3 or IC4 Cheaper?
The Schwinn IC3 is the cheaper option from the two stationary bikes. It’s priced at $499 including free shipping. The IC3 offers a long list of quality features without having to spend a fortune on the bike.
The IC4 is priced at $799 and is ideal for users who want a high-tech, app-friendly design to perform spin workouts. If you are out for a budget option, you should rely on the Schwinn IC3.
Does the IC3 or IC4 Work with Peloton App?
The Schwinn IC4 (see our Schwinn IC4 review) is the only stationary bike designed to work with fitness apps such as Peloton, Explore the World, and Zwift.
The disadvantage of IC3 is the bike is not compatible with fitness apps.
If you are looking for an app-friendly stationary bike at an affordable cost, you won’t find a better option than the Schwinn IC4.
A Look at the Schwinn IC3
The Schwinn IC3 is a state-of-the-art piece of equipment ideal for beginner and intermediate users. It offers a comprehensive selection of features to improve your user experience.
You can perform a wide range of spin workouts with this machine. If you are in the market for an affordable stationary bike, you will benefit by investing in this product. I
t offers performance, comfort, and durability for users who want a high-powered stationary bike for their home gym.
- Weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Comes with a water bottle holder
- Dimensions: 45″ x 23″ x 49″
- Powered by a wall adapter
- Bike weight: 100 pounds
- Transport wheels included for easy transportation
- LCD Screen: You can track your workout details with the LCD display on the bike. The screen offers a constant stream of data such as the distance covered, speed, calories burnt, time, watts, and RPMs.
- Heavy Flywheel: The 40-pound flywheel gives the bike the necessary quality to compete with the better bikes on the market. The resistance level can be easily adjusted to suit the workout needs of both beginners and experienced users. You only need to set the resistance level and start enjoying the benefits of this machine.
- Multi-Position Handlebars: You can switch hand positions easily with the multi-position handlebars. It has a slip-resistant texture to prevent any accidents while exercising. The handlebar improves the control of the bike while working out.
- Plenty of Resistance Levels: You can easily choose your level of resistance to get the most out of your workout sessions. The infinite resistance is a salient feature of this product.
- The wireless telemetry-enabled monitor will let you track the heart rate while working out.
- Race-style middle cutout seat to improve your comfort levels.
- The Schwinn IC3 seat is ventilated.
- The frame has a warranty of 5 years while the electrical and mechanical parts have a warranty of 2 years.
Can Stream Live & On-Demand Workouts?
The sad fact about IC 3 is it’s not designed to work with fitness apps like Peloton.
If that’s what you are looking for, you should opt for the Schwinn IC4 which is compatible with a wide range of fitness apps such as Peloton, Explore the World, and Zwift.
Where to Get Best Price?
The official Schwinn website is the most trusted place to buy the Schwinn IC3 exercise bike.
A Look at the Schwinn IC4
The IC4 from Schwinn is a high-tech machine that is designed for more advanced users who are looking for a stationary bike that’s compatible with fitness apps.
It provides multiple levels of resistance, app integration, and one of the best LCD monitors in the industry. The charming appeal and ergonomic design are some of the salient features of this exercise bike.
You should opt for this stationary bike if you want a high-tech exercise bike compatible with numerous fitness apps at an affordable price.
- Assembled dimensions are 48.7″ x 21.1″ x 51.8″
- The machine supports up to 330 pounds
- 4-way-adjustable handlebars
- The weight of the bike is 106 pounds
- Weight of the flywheel is 40 pounds
- Drive mechanism: Belt
- Resistance Levels: The micro resistance levels of the bike are a major advantage compared to other stationary bikes. It allows for a highly customizable workout session. You can toggle through various resistance levels in a matter of seconds. It’s easy to adjust and user friendly.
- Flywheel: A heavy flywheel – 40 pounds – allows for more resistance in your workouts. The heavy flywheel is a salient feature in most Schwinn exercise bikes.
- Dual Link Pedals: The dual link pedals will cushion your feet when riding frequently. Toe cages allow you to keep the feet in place while pedaling the bike.
- Backlit LCD Monitor: The LCD monitor makes the IC4 stands out from the rest of the competition. You can access a stream of information while working out such as the distance covered, speed, time, heart rate, RPMs, and calories burnt.
- Armband For Heart Rate: A Bluetooth enabled armband for heart rate empowers the rider while working out.
- Heavy-duty crank for effective spin workouts.
- An adapter for the console is included with the product.
- A three-pound each dumbbell set is offered with the product for free. It helps work out your upper body area.
- A tablet holder is also included.
Does it Work With Peloton App?
The Schwinn IC4 exercise bike is designed to be compatible with fitness apps like Peloton and Zwift at a much lower price.
If you are searching for a high-tech exercise bike that includes access to fitness apps at an affordable price, you won’t find a better option than IC4.
Where to Get Best Price?
The official Schwinn Fitness is the best place to get the best price for the Schwinn IC4.
Are you looking for the best stationary bikes on the market? If so, you don’t need to look further than Schwinn stationary bikes.
The IC3 and IC4 from Schwinn are two of the best stationary exercise bikes on the market today. They both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Both bikes have a heavy-duty flywheel for better workout quality. The IC3 can accommodate up to 300 pounds while the IC4 can accommodate up to 330 pounds of weight.
If you are on a budget and looking for a cheaper stationary bike, the Schwinn IC3 is the best option for you.
On the other hand, if you want a more advanced bike that can work with popular fitness apps like Peloton, you should opt for Schwinn IC4.